Launching a UC Berkeley site on Pantheon requires these steps:
- Make sure your latest code and content is pushed to your live environment
- Provide Web Platform Services with a chartstring and hosting details by filling out the Upgrade to Paid Plan form
- Register your domain for CalNet authentication
- Register a security contact
- Add your domain(s) to the live environment on your Pantheon dashboard; and
- Request a DNS change by filling out the IT Policy Offsite Hosting form
NOTE: In order to host your site on Pantheon, you must agree to all of the terms of service on the "Upgrade to Paid Plan" form:
- Do you agree that this site will not contain restricted or sensitive data?
- Do you agree to use UC Berkeley authentication best practices?
- Do you agree with the Memorandum of Understanding and Terms of Service?
If you do not agree to these terms, you will not be able to host your site on Pantheon. If you have security-related questions about your specific website, please contact the Information Security and Policy team.
After the last step, you will receive a message from Berkeley's Hostmaster confirming the date and time your domain will be live. Please allow up to one week after submitting the offsite hosting form.
We also recommend that you run through a site testing checklist to make sure your site is ready, and enable scheduled Pantheon backups.
- Pantheon help page: Launch Essentials