Launching a UC Berkeley site on Pantheon requires these steps
- Make sure your latest code and content is pushed to your live environment
- Provide Web Platform Services with a chartstring and hosting details by filling out the Upgrade to Paid Plan form
- Register your domain for CalNet authentication
- Request a DNS change for your domain(s) by filling out the NetReg Offsite Hosting form
- Add your domain(s) to the live environment on your Pantheon dashboard and allow HTTPS to provision (this can take up to an hour)
- If your domain is not yet in use on another Pantheon site, this can be done before filling out the NetReg form
In order to host your site on Pantheon, you must agree to all of the terms of service on the "Upgrade to Paid Plan" form
- Do you agree that this site will not contain protected data?
- Do you agree to use UC Berkeley authentication best practices?
- Do you agree with the Memorandum of Understanding and Terms of Service?
If you do not agree to these terms, you will not be able to host your site on Pantheon. If you have security-related questions about your specific website, please contact the Information Security and Policy team.
DNS (Domain Name System) Information
After submitting the NetReg Offsite Hosting form, you will receive a message from Berkeley's Hostmaster confirming when the domain will be updated in the campus DNS. Please allow up to a week or more after submitting the offsite hosting form.
Please note that it is currently a UC Berkeley recommendation to use a CNAME unless your Berkeley.edu hostname specifically requires an A record setup. Pantheon has confirmed that CNAMEs will continue to work -- this might not be clear from their messaging on individual site dashboards.
We also recommend that you run through a site testing checklist to make sure your site is ready, and enable scheduled Pantheon backups.
- Pantheon help page: Launch Essentials